As a requirement to register a child to participate in any Walpole Youth Soccer Association program I agree that:
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the organization.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game and practice.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- I (and my guests) will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- No one, except the players, is to speak to the referee during or after the game. Exceptions: Coaches may ask questions before the game, call for substitutions, and point out emergencies during the game, or respond to the referee if addressed. Absolutely no disputing calls, during or after the game, no remarks to the referee to watch certain players or attend to rough play. NO YELLING at the referee, EVER, and no criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, or feedback of any kind during or after the game.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
By registering your child to participate in any Walpole Youth Soccer Association program you also agree that if you fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, the parent/guardian will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
You must agree to the Code of Conduct waiver in order for your athlete to participate.
- Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or organization
- Written warning
- Game suspension
- Season suspension